Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My Heart

My heart is trapped inside a box. It lies under lock and key. Every person in life has a key to my heart, but does it exactly fit the lock? I've encountered many people who have keys with a close fit, yet somehow the lock never truly comes undone. So my heart, lonely and undefined, remains trapped inside it's box. My heart aches, watching each person put the key in, then yank it away saying "just playing!" My heart is crushed, after each person deliberately stepped on it. My heart is strong, having to build itself back up after being wounded so many times. My heart is scarred, forever and for always. My heart has a hard time finding happiness. The moment it does, it's ripped away. My heart, confused and frustrated, is somehow finding inner peace. My heart is afraid though. Why? Because it's just waiting for you to step on it. Again. Just like everyone else. It has a hard time believing you could do something like that, but it's scared. Scared of the past, present, and the future. My heart trusts you and hopes you can unlock the box, but it never truly knows. Not knowing is the scariest thing, but my heart is always willing to see how things play out. Fragile and fearful, my heart reaches out to you. The moment you realize you want to reach back, follow these simple steps:
1) Grab the box.
2) Remove the key from around your neck.
3) Put the key into the lock, and notice how it fits perfectly.
4) Turn the key, break off the lock, and hold my heart.
5) Never let go of it.

My heart will be thankful that such a wonderful person could finally unlock the box. My heart will be happy and strong because of it. Never forget that my heart, and all hearts, are delicate. They all have care instructions that only the right person can follow. Hold onto that heart and cherish it forever, because you never know when something so unique will come along again.

 -- MG

No comments:

Post a Comment